Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Sun Shines, Finally!

Our weather this May seems more like April with cloudy days and lots of rain. The past couple of days have been cool enough to have the furnace on at night, something I didn't have to do in April. But today dawned sunny and blue-skied. The Lake and those big carp are calling, so this afternoon, I plan to fish.

Before that, however, some other chores need to be done. If I want to eat, I have to venture to the grocery store. Not my favorite occupation. I promised to stop at the print shop and pick up a large wooden "palette" upon which I am to paint some art. Last year, the town held its first arts festival in many years, and one of the attractions was the large assortment of painted palettes displayed throughout the business district. Mounted on metal easels, the 4' easel-shaped wooden paintings were shown from the end of May through the end of October. They created much interest and conversation. I am glad they decided to do it again this year, though I am not excited about painting another. This is a very conservative area -- non-traditional art is not readily accepted as "real" art. So I don't know what my subject matter will be. Maybe I will paint that big carp I plan to catch this year! Hmmm.....the only problem is the palette is due on May 31. I can't fish and paint at the same time, and I suspect that big, elusive carp isn't going to bite any time soon.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google