Friday, February 27, 2009

I started a new website, one that will be primarily about art. Hopefully, it won't take me too very long to get it up and running.

Until then, I am still doing freelance writing. I enjoy working on my own schedule, not someone else's. Of course, artwork is always in progress at my house. Currently, I am working on a pastel portrait and some pencil drawings.

After not doing much cooking or baking for the past ten years, I have been inspired by The Food Network to do some experimenting again. The bad part about it is that I eat what I make, and that can be a bad thing for a diabetic! I think my new kitchen inspires me, too. It is so easy to work in there. I have a lot of herb seeds that have germinated and I can't wait to get them planted outdoors. After they grow a bit, I won't have to buy fresh herbs for awhile. There is nothing better, in my opinion, than fresh basil and fresh dill in a salad. Or the basil in anything and everything!

Finally, the winter weather is moderating and the temps are hovering in the 40's and low 50's during the day. Hope the trend continues because I am wanting to be out fishing! It seems like a long time since I cast a line into the water. In fact, this winter seems to have gone on forever. It is the Lenten season again, so fish on Fridays is the rule in my house. I will finish up some of the trout still in my freezer from last year. Hope it is still good.

I miss my kids and grandkids. None of them have seen my new house.



No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google